Home Addition Maryville, Tn
Many homeowners love their neighborhood and location, but they are growing out of their home. Consider adding on, because in many cases you can get exactly what you want without moving to a new home. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when thinking about a home addition.
1. An addition will forever change the layout of the house, so keep the flow of the home in mind and how the addition will change the existing feel.
2. Create a thorough and detailed wish list. You can always prioritize it once you consider all elements. This is a great way to find out what you want out of your addition.
3. Legal Restrictions – be sure you are allowed to extend your structure and that it meets all ordinances, zoning restrictions, and rules.
4. Know your budget – don’t lose track of the cost. Furthermore, know what you plan to put in and if that will add value to your home.
5. Materials – when adding on, try to match the existing exterior so your addition will look original. If a perfect match is not possible, just choose a material with contrasting tones and textures instead.
6. The details matter – a well-designed addition will incorporate key architectural elements from shingles to gutters to windows to trim. In fact, this may be the perfect time to add a new roof if applicable.
7. Remember, the landscaping –include these elements in your overall plan to ensure proper flow from indoors to outdoors.
8. Plan for some chaos – depending on the size of the addition remember that your home will not be back to normal for a period of time.
You’re one step away from connecting with a specialist who can complete your Bathroom Remodeling project. The value DBI Kitchen and Bath offers you is efficiency, well-executed design, and professional installation. Our experience also allows us to avoid common mistakes made in a remodel.